You must be here because you are searching for a way to Adding Proxy Server in PS4 in 2021 and must be facing problems while doing so. Or because you’re confused and don’t know how to add a Proxy Server in PS4.
There are some common errors that PS4 gamers come across time and again. It can be either a technical or manual error.
But before you go ahead and learn how to add a Proxy Server in PlayStation 4. Here are a few things you need to know about Adding Proxy Server to PS4.
First, let’s get familiar with “Computer Networking” if you are to add the proxy server in the Play Station. In computer Networking, a Proxy Server is a server that acts as an intermediate between the request from the clients seeking resources from other servers.
If you use the proxy server then it will give you a very reliable result in operating the Play Station.
Proxy Server In PlayStation 4
Using the proxy server in PlayStation 4 will make your gaming experience smoother and faster. You will be able to use the proxy server simply to bypass and restrict the geolocation features.
Also, this PS4 server will help you to speed up your connection by assigning a unique IP address to the console devices. So, if you do so then it will simply reduce the change of collision of the same IP with another device in the same network.
As the Proxy server acts as the intermediate between two or multiple devices, it will help you to share the data and information between the devices.
Now below in the article, we will guide you with the steps to configure the Proxy Server in PS4. So let us begin the steps in adding the Proxy server in the Play Station 4.
How To Add The Proxy Server In PS4?
The steps of adding the proxy server in PS4 are very simple and easy. But most of us are not getting the perfect troubleshooting steps to simply add the Proxy server in the PS4.
1. Find IP Address of your device
- Launch Run Settings, press Win key + R simultaneously.
- Then type in “cmd” to open the Command Prompt.
- Then simply type “ipconfig/all” in the command prompt screen.
- Here you will see information about internet properties.
- Look for IPV4 and you should see an IP Address such as 192.168.125.119, copy this IP address.
- Now after getting your IP Address, it will be easy for you to sort out the PS4 Proxy Server Error.
- From the Apple menu, you have to Pull Down “System Preferences”.
- Here you have to click on the “Network” Preference Plan.
- After this, you will see your IP Address in the right section of your Apple devices such as 220.127.116.11.
If you want to use the mobile to find the IP address of your router to resolve the PS4 proxy server error. Then the steps are mentioned below.
- First, go to “Settings” on your mobile devices.
- After that, go to the Phone Section.
- Now search for the “Status” option and click on it.
- Here you will see the IP Address in this section.
2. Assign The Proxy Server in PS4
Here you have to simply turn on your PS4 Console and then go to the Proxy server from the main menu. Follow the steps mentioned below to assign a Proxy server on PS4.
- Firstly you will see web navigation like this:
- Now, you have to go to the “Settings” option and select Yes or No in the Proxy server settings.
- After clicking on the section above go to the internet option. And here you have to choose what is not in the Proxy server.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Because of the internet connection, the Play Station PS4 Proxy server can fail.
- So if you use the WiFi connection then you have to check its connection. Or if you have the option to use your LAN Connection settings.
- You should always select the DHCP Host as Do Not Specify because it will help you to get the Proxy server Address Faster.
Adding Proxy Server in PS4
- Now the next thing you have to do is select the Domain Name Server (DNS) as the Automatic one.
- Also, you have to select the MTU settings as automatic ones.
- So under the Proxy server option, you have to choose the USE Option.
- Now the main thing left to do is adding the Proxy Server in Play station PS4 by entering the IP Address of your PC in the Proxy Server Page. Here you have to type your Port Number as this port number will set your Proxy server ON.
- Here you will see the web navigation like shown below:
- You should always use the Proxy Server as 6588 for your Window and 8080 for the MAC Operating System.
- And after entering the Proxy Server Number click on Next button.
Check your Internet Connection
Usually, people face PS4 proxy server errors when they have an unstable internet connection. You should always use a proper internet connection. Because if you don’t use a proper internet connection then you can face a ps4 proxy server error.
Thus you should test your internet connection by performing a free network test too. But if everything is in good condition you can easily add the PS4 Proxy Server.
We hope that these simple steps have helped you to Fix Google Play Store Error Code 0. If you are still encountering it, please let us know, so that we would check what other reasons may be triggering it and how to fix that.