Google has recently started blocking certain devices from using Google Play Store and its services. This means that the users of such devices will now be unable to download apps from the Google Play Store and use Google apps like Gmail, Google Maps, Google Play Music, Google Photos, and more.
This problem arises mostly on devices made by no-name brands, so people with branded devices can sit pretty and not worry about it.
However, that does not mean this is limited to cheap no-name smartphones only. Amazon’s Kindle tablets and fire tablets are facing this issue too.
If you’ve received a ” Device is not Certified by Google ” message on your phone, know that you’re not alone. Millions of users all around the world are facing this issue.
It’s no rocket science to dictate that your device is unsupported by Google. Google has done this to keep a consistent user experience across all the Android devices and keep out manufacturers that don’t follow its protocols.
How To repair Device Is Not Certified by Google Error?
Before we jump into this topic, first you have to make sure that your device is really uncertified. Follow these steps to do that:
- Launch Play Store
- On the left-hand side, tap on Menu
- Scroll a little and tap on Settings
- Scroll a little and you’ll see Device certification
- Under Device Certification, you’ll see whether your device is certified or not.
If your device is certified, restart your phone and try using the Google Play store again. But if it’s not certified, keep on reading this article.
Register for Certification
- Download an app called Device ID to locate your Device’s GSF Device-ID
- Open the app and copy the code under “Google Service Framework“
- Convert the hexadecimal ID into decimal
- Go to Google’s website for registering devices (https://www.google.com/android/uncertified)
- Enter your GSF device ID into the Android box on the website
- Tap on the Register button and your ID should appear on the page
Use Magisk Method
In this method, you’ll have to root your phone with Magisk first. Magisk is a root method and framework that does not trip up Google’s SafetyNet system. Once you do that, follow these steps:
- Launch the Magisk Manager App and go to Downloads
- Search for “Play Store Visa” and download the topmost result
If worst comes to worst and these fixes don’t work, you can try Play Store’s alternative Yalp Store instead. You can’t use Google Play Services like Gmail and other stuff but you can download other apps.
We hope that these simple steps have helped you to Fix the Device Is Not Certified by Google Error.