Are you getting Error Code 410 in the YouTube app? Or you might receive a message like ‘There was a problem with the network 410’. If so, then you don’t need to worry, as this is one of the most common issues many users on android or iOS devices are facing recently.
In this article, we will try to analyze why we receive Error Code 410 in the YouTube app and how we can fix the error.
YouTube is a popular video-sharing website that was created by three former PayPal employees (Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim in February of 2005). It was acquired by Google in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion.
What is the cause of 410 in YouTube App?
One of the reasons that can cause Error 410 in the Youtube app, is the network issue. If you read the error message ‘There was a problem with the network 410’ then that basically means there is something wrong with the internet connection.
Also, note that it might not just be due to your internet connection but also can be due to some of the factors as mentioned below.
- Cache Memory: A cache usually refers to a memory storage in the phone that stores copies of information that is likely to be needed in the near future, so it can be accessed faster. And if the cache of YouTube app on your android or iOS device has been corrupted, then you may face this error.
- YouTube app: There are chances that the YouTube app on your device has been corrupted by some malware or virus or if you have unitnenionally deleted some files, then you are likely to get this error.
- User account: Make sure you are logged in on your device as sometimes users who are not logged in tend to face this error while trying to play YouTube videos.
- Out of Date YouTube app: If you have an older version of YouTube app on your device then it is possible that some of the features of Youtube might not work currectly.
That’s a brief explanation of the cause of Fix Error 410 in the YouTube App? Now let’s try to fix this error, please continue reading.
How to Fix Error 410 in YouTube App?
So let’s get started, below are 4 solutions in which you can fix Error 410 in YouTube App.
Method 1: Clear Youtube App Cache and Data
As one of the possible issues, clearing your Cache can do the trick in fixing your issue. To clear Youtube cache, follow the simple steps mentioned below: Note, on some phones you might have different names to what we have mentioned here, but you should be able to navigate easily.
1. First, open phone Settings.
2. Then, tap on Apps or Applications.
3. Next, make sure All Apps is selected and then scroll down and then tap on YouTube.
4. Once you are on the Youtube App settings screen, tap on Storage.
5. Now tap on CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE. Note, all data will be deleted permanently, this includes all files, settings, account, databases etc.
6. Lastly, restart your device.
Launch the Youtube app and see if the issues has been fixed or not.
If clearing the cache and data didn’t work then please try the other solutions.
Method 2: Update YouTube app.
As mentioned earlier it is possible that the Youtube Error 401 might be due to the outdated Youtube App. So, lets see if that’s the case and update the Youtube app from Google Play Store.
1. Launch Google Play Store.
2. Search for Youtube from the Play Store.
3. Next, see if the Update is available or not. If it is available tap on the Update button.
4. Wait for the update to get installed.
5. Resart your phone and see if you can play video on your Youtube app.
If you still can’t play the video and see the same Error 401 then hey don’t get frustrated, there are more solution so let’s move to the next method.
Method 3: Try switching your internet connection.
Clearing Cache and update the Yotube app has done the trick for most of our users, but if you are unlucky and still not been able to fix Youtube Error 401 then let’s the next method which is to switch your internet connection. As silly as it sounds sometimes it might be due to the internet connection, there might be some issue with the connection and you might not be aware, so it’s a best idea to switch the connection. If you are on a Wi-Fi then switch to Data and see if yo can play any video on Youtube. Or if you are on Data then please try to connect to a Wi-Fi network and see if the error persists.
Method 4: Remove or try alternate account.
Nothing worked till now, then our last solution will be to remove or try with an alternate account. Sometimes, logging out and logging back into your Google account might fix the issue. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to your phone Settings.
2. Locate Account option and tap on it.
3. Next, remove the account your are currently signed in.
4. Add the same account and restart your phone.
5. See if you still have the problem, if the problem is still there then please try to log in using your altnerate account. If you don’t have an alternate account then you can add a account and log in with it.
We hope that you were able to fix the Network Error 410 on Youtube. Please let us know by leaving a comment on the section below. Thank you!