How To Fix the Javaw.exe Error Code?
Javaw.exe is a type of executable file that is responsible for network security and smooth execution of programs created with Java on Windows PC. It ensures the proper operation of web security and applications based on java.
This is mostly associated with the Internet Explorer web browser and is set to inform windows users about important system updates with a pop-up in the bottom left corner of the screen.
It is also used by other programs that use java for certain activities like animation, chat programs, etc. Sometimes Javaw.exe can stop working and so prevents you from running programs that depend on java.
You’ll get one of the following error on your screen :
- “javaw.exe Application Error”
- “javaw.exe is not valid Win32 application”
- “Windows Cannot find javaw.exe. Make sure you type the name correctly and then try again”
- “Windows is searching for javaw.exe. To locate the file yourself, click Browse.”
- “Error starting program: javaw.exe”
- “javaw.exe is not running”
- “javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
- “Faulting Application Path: javaws.exe”
What Causes Javaw.exe Error?
Javaw.exe may appear due to numerous reasons. These reasons may vary from one situation to another. Even though the error message doesn’t give enough information about the reasons, it can be attributed to one of these:
- Corrupt Windows Registry Keys
- Virus or Malware Infection
- Javaw.exe file is deleted, moved, or changed
- Javaw.exe related files are deleted
How To Fix the Javaw.exe error?
Javaw.exe error isn’t a huge issue but ignoring such errors isn’t wise as they can diminish your PC’s performance. The effects of this error get severe with time. Your PC starts freezing and crashing more often and then eventually prompts BSOD, So you must resolve it right away. Here are a couple of methods you should try:
Run an Antivirus Scan
The first thing you should do is ensure that the error is genuine and isn’t caused by some malware on your PC. Run a full system antivirus scan. If the reason behind the error is not a virus, it is most likely a corrupt javaw.exe file. Check your CPU Usage by following these methods:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key all at once and Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and find the javaw.exe file
If the file is consuming an excessive amount of memory it is more likely that the files are corrupted because the genuine javaw.exe does not consume such huge memory.
How to add the correct location to the Environmental Variable Path
- Press Windows + R Key.
- Type in sysdm.cpl and Press Enter.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Environmental Variable button.
- In System Variables, click New… button.
- In the variable name box, Type Path
- The variable value, C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre7\\bin for java 1.7.x on a 32-bit version of Windows and C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jre8\\bin for java 1.8.x on a 64-bit version of Windows.
There can be issues with Java itself. In this case, you have to uninstall and then reinstall it. Follow these step to do that:
- Press Windows + R key to Open Run Dialogue box.
- Type in Control Panel and press OK to open the control panel.
- Scroll to Uninstall a Program ( Or Add/remove programs).
- Find Java and uninstall it.
Once it is uninstalled, restart your computer. Then go to the java.com website and download the latest version of it that is supported by your computer.
Fix Windows Registry
Since you’ve got to change or edit the Windows registry here, it is recommended that you backup your system.
- Press Windows + R at the same time to Open Run Dialogue Box
- Enter regedit and tap on the Enter key.
- Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\javaws.exe
- Right Click on the Javaws.exe folder and delete it
- Restart your PC