Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5: Error Code NW-2-5 is a connectivity issue that prevents it from reaching the Netflix service. Netflix is one of the most popular online streaming media, which can be accessed in more than 50 countries. It’s in a league of its own when it comes to data variety and reliability.
If you want to watch a movie but you don’t want to buy a DVD, Netflix can most probably stream it for you, that too at a cheaper rate. When it comes to Television or just streaming services, it dominates millions of households throughout the world.
But despite Netflix’s fame and efficiency, users often get Error Code NW-2-5. It becomes quite problematic to identify and resolve this error as it can occur randomly and there’s no other way you can open the streaming service when this happens.
Users who stream Netflix on Xbox, Ps4, or Smart Tv are known to run into this error frequently. Error Code NW-2-5 is really irritating because it is known to occur on a specific device in one’s home but not on all of the devices.
What Are The Reasons Behind Error Code NW-2-5?
The most common reasons behind Netflix Error code NW-2-5 are as follows.
- Netflix is blocked intentionally.
- Your connection is really slow.
- Fault in your streaming device.
- Poor wifi connection
- BT parental controls are enabled
- Cache issues
How To Correct Error Code NW-2-5 on PS3, PS4, X-Box?
The first and foremost thing you should do when you get Error Code NW-2-5 is checking your Internet connection. Follow the mentioned points.
Check Internet Connection
- If you are connected to a public network, there are chances that Netflix is intentionally blocked or the network has limited bandwidth.
- Make sure your internet isn’t too slow. Sometimes slow internet can cause this error. You can check your internet speed with the help of speed test devices. If you’re connected to a cellular data network or satellite internet, switch to cable internet or DSL.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Restart your home network. Unplug your router and modem and wait for at least 30 seconds before you plug it back in.
Bypass the Router
If restarting your home network doesn’t fix the issue, try bypassing the router. If your device is connected to a router that’s connected to the modem, disconnect the router and connect your device straight to the modem. Follow these steps:
- Turn of your streaming device
- Connect it directly to the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable
- Restart the modem by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. Wait for 30 seconds in-between.
- Turn your device on
Improve your Wi-Fi Signal Strength
As you already know poor Wi-Fi signal can cause this error, try improving your Wi-Fi signal by moving your router to a new location, preferably at the center. Don’t keep it near other wireless devices. If possible, keep your router in a high place like on a table or hang it on a wall.
Disable BT Parental Controls
If you’re a user of the ISP, British Communications (BT), you may get Error Code NW-2-5 due to its parental controls. To avoid this, follow these steps to disable it.
Log in to My BT Page (https://home.bt.com/login/loginform) > Go to My Extras > Click Manage Bt Parental Controls > Move the slider to OFF.
If you’ve tried all of the mentioned fixes but your error is still there, contact your Internet Service Provider. They can help you resolve this issue.