NW-31247-7 PS4 Error: If you are looking for the solution to the problem PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7 Network connection has timed out, then you have come to the right place to seek the answers.
But before you go ahead and learn how to fix PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7, here is a little information you need to know about PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7.
NW-31247-7 is the common network problem that you may face where the NW stands for Network which is mainly the DNS error.
The main reason for this error is the misconfiguration of the server due to server failure.
You will get the PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7 when the DNS server is not able to respond to the PS4.
When you face the NW-31247-7 problem, then you will not be able to play online multiplayer games such as Battlefield, Fifa, etc. Since you will not be able to join the PlayStation due to NW-31247-7 Error.
But the real reason for this error is due to the poor internet connection so you have to always be connected to your Internet Service Provider.
What is the Main Reason for PS4 NW-31247-7 DNS Error?
The main reason behind this problem is the network connection issues or its time out. In NW-31247-7 DNS Error your PS4 will not be connected with your WI-Fi network.
So your network connection might be unstable or not strong enough when you face the PS4 NW-31247-7 DNS Error.
Following are the methods described to fix the PS4 NW-31247-7 DNS Error.
- Place the PS4 and the router close to each other and make sure you don’t have any obstruction in between.
- You also have to make sure that the other devices you are using must not be operated at the same time with PS4.
- After this, look for the connection of your PS4 in Settings>Network>Test Internet Connection.
NW-31247-7 DNS Error will obstruct the smooth use of Mobile devices, laptops, and iPhones.
So here are some actions that won’t work for you while correcting the PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7.
- You should not ask the ISP to reset your Port because they don’t have an idea about how to fix the PS4 DNS error.
- Restarting your PS4, router and modem will not function properly while solving Error NW-31247-7 on PS4 on some occasions.
- Setting up the Internet Connection on PS4 again will not repair the problem.
- Also if you change the WiFi DNS to Google DNS 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 is less likely to fix the PlayStation DNS error.
How To mend PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7 – 2019?
Now let us discuss how to correct the PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7 in the heading below.
Restart The Router
- If you restart your router then this error might be solved on its own but in many cases, it won’t. But still, you should try your luck, as it is the first and the easiest option for you in troubleshooting the PS4 DNS Error NW-31247-7. Because some user has said that this step has solved their DNS failure problem permanently.
Assign The DNS of PS4 Manually
So, to manually assign the DNS to the PS4, follow our steps mentioned below
- The first step for you is to scroll to Play Station Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connection>LAN Cable or WiFi>Custom.
- After doing the above task you will be able to modify the settings of the network manually by following the PS4 instructions on the screen.
- Then accept the provided options until the DNS settings arise.
- When you receive the DNS settings simply go to Custom>IP Address (Automatic)>DHCP HostName (Don’t Specify it)> DNS settings.
- Here in the DNS Setting use the Manual Option and type 184.108.40.206 (Google’s Public DNS Server 1). As it is the Primary DNS server of Google.
- Also, use the Secondary DNS as 220.127.116.11 (Google’s Public DNS server 2).
- But if your Primary DNS is not working then simply use 18.104.22.168 (Open DNS server 1) as Primary DNS. Then 22.214.171.124 (Open DNS server 2) as Secondary DNS.
- Now go to DHCP settings as Host Name(Do Not Specify)>DNS Settings (Manually)> MTU Server (Automatically)> Proxy Server (Do Not Use). so after this just check the internet connection to see if it is connected or not.
Set The Router To Use DHCP
As the DHCP will help you to manage your IP, DNS, Default Gateway, and more in troubleshooting your Network to repair PS4 DNS Error.
- If you set the Router in DHCP mode it will assign the IP according to the device settings. And there will not be any problem and confusion with the devices with the same IP Address.
- When you enable the DHCP it will give your device proper Static IP and this IP will modify in a few weeks or a month.
- But if two devices are operated with the same IP then you will face an error in your network.
- Thus you have to set the router to use the DHCP to fix the PS4 DNS Error.
Reset The Router To Default configuration
If the above steps won’t work for you then you can use this step but it is quite risky.
You have to correctly remember your default password to do this task but for full steps simply follow your router’s user manual setting.
Rebuilt Your PS4 Database in Safe Mode
You can solve the PlayStation DNS Error NW-31247-7 by simply rebuilding the database in a safer Mode because it is a safe and smoother step and will not trash your data.
So rebuilding your database should be fruitful to you as it will help you to get rid of some general bugs in PS4 too. You will be able to clear memory and other cracks which may cause harm to your PS4.