PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0: Error Code CE-34878-0 is one of the common errors among PS4 users. It is a software level error and can occur due to incorrect game installation, corrupt update files, outdated softwares or even your internet connection.
PS4 users facing this solutions can try the simple and effected solutions mentioned her to to resolve PS4 Error CE34878-0.
How To Fix PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0
Ok, so let’s get to the solutions, but before that I hope you don’t mind restarting the PS4 console. It may sound silly but 2 of the most unusuall fixes of all time is, first to restart your device and you internet router. Wait for atleast 10 seconds and then reboot.
Yes just by just restarting you can get rid most of the common bugs. Give it a try and see if it works, if you are unlucky then don’t feel so, try other solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1: Make sure the application is up to date
Once in a while it’s better to update your games and your PS4 software as there can be some minor or major patches released that you haven’t installed. This can lead to some unnecesary issues and errors. So in this solution we will see how you can install updated for game and software on PS4.
How to install the latest game updates on PS4
1. First, go to Playstation Store -> Library
2. Then hover around the game you want to update and press Option key on your controller.
3. Click on Check for Update option.
4. If there’s an update available, click on Go to [Download] button.
How to install the latest System Software on PS4
1. From your Ps4 homecreen, go to Settings -> System Software Update
2. If there is an update available, click on Update to intiate the installation.
3. After the download is complete, you should reboot your device.
That’s it, you have updated your game, and PS4 system software. Now try to launch your game and see if you encounter the same issue, if there error’s still there then please try the next method.
Solution 2: Force Restart Your PS4
PS4 has a feature where it doesn’t store cache and so prevents causing the error to the system, except for better performance, restarting it once in a very while is usually recommended.
1. Press and hold the Playstation button on your controller untill you see the Quick Menu on the screen.
2. From the list of option, select “Turn off PS4”
3. When the PS4 is fully powered down wait for at least 30 seconds
4. Restart your PS4 device.
Solution 3: Uninstall / Reinstall The App
In this solution we will try to uninstall or delete the app from PS4 and reinstll it again. If you have a digital copy of the app then you can install it from the library or if you used a disc then make sure you have it by your side as you’ll need it for re-installation.
So let’s follow the steps on how to Unistall games on PS4.
1. First, from your PS4 library or homescreen, locate your game and hover above it.
2. While still focused on the game, press the Option button from your controller.
3. Now, from the menu list, select Delete option.
4. Next, you will see a confirmation message. Click on OK button to delete the app.
It will take few seconds to delete or uninstall games from your Playstation 4.
Solution 4: Reinstall The Original HDD
If you’ve had ever replaced the hard disk on your system, try to reinstall the original Hard Disk Drive (HDD) and see if the error still exists.
Solution 5: Initialize PS4
If you still haven’t found a solution to your problem, the only remaining DIY fix is to initialize your PS4. This might solve the issue, but the risk of losing your data exists so save data before trying to initialize PS4.
1. From your Playstation Home Screen go to Settings.
2. Scroll down until you find Initialization, click on it.
3. On the next screen, click on Initialize PS4 option.
4. On the following screen, you will see two option a) Quick b) Full. We recommend you go for Full initialization or opt for quick if you don’t have much time.
5. Follow the Onscreen example and after couple of hours you should have a fresh PS4.
Hope these methods helped you fix the issue, but if you are still facing PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0, try contacting Playstation Support Service.