Why do you get Roblox Error Code 277?
Most of the time Roblox Error 277 occurs when you have a connection problem.
Roblox is an online gaming platform and also a gaming creation system. Developed by Roblox Corporation around 2004 and released in 2006 slowly has become one of the popular gaming platforms.
With over 164 million monthly active users, Roblox which is free-to-play has half the users from Unite State that are under 16.
What makes Roblox unique is the amount of creative space it has for gamers to be able to create their own games using its proprietary engine, Roblox Studio. There’s nothing better than being able to develop and play your own games.
Common Connection Problems with Roblox
When you have a connection problem, you may face scenarios like mentioned below:
- Roblox client has trouble and/or fails to load games. Sometimes you can also see error messages like “Could Not Connect” or “ID=17 Failure“.
- Roblox website takes a long time or never finishes loading.
- Users can only visit games in the Build or Edit modes, but not in Play mode.
Messages to shut down the game.
- HttpSendRequest failed: HRESULT 0x80072efd error. This error usually occurs when Roblox is having difficulty communicating certain bits of information with servers.
Why do I have connection error in Roblox?
There are several reasons why connection problem can happen with Roblox, some are as mentioned below:
- Firewall: Many times it found that firewall settings can cause connection problems.
- Internet Connection: If you are playing online, then it might be due to your slow internet speed. The recommended bandwidth for a single-use household is between 4-8 Mb/s internet connection. Or In larger households, having a greater speed than the minimum bandwidth is advisable.
- Big Game: If you are trying to play a game that is very big, then probably wait for a while to let it download the map.
- Empty Game or Place: Sometimes the game’s creator would upload incomplete or empty games. If your avatar appears that means at least they have a working map but can be without many environments.
- Poor Games: As there are many amateurs game developers in Roblox, you might sometimes get hands-on games that were developed very badly. Badly coded and designed prevents the game from running as expected. As a faithful Roblox game, you should probably inform the creator of the problem you are facing.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277?
We had our team members look into this error and after some research on the Roblox error, we found that there are several steps that you can try to fix the Roblox Error 277.
Please try each step, and move on to the next if the mentioned fixes don’t work in your case.
Check Wireless Connection
When you get any issues while playing an online game and suddenly an error pops out, the first rule of thumb is to check your internet connections.
See if you still have the internet connection, you can also switch to a wired connection if you are on Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi can sometimes be unstable and can bring errors in the connection. If even switching to wired connections didn't work then it might be due to Firewall settings which we will talk about in the below solutions.
First, let's look at the browser we are using.
Make sure that you are using the most updated version of your browser to Play Roblox games.
As Roblox Studio is releasing new updates frequently, you are also advised to use the most updated version of the browser.
Also, If you are having issues playing with one browser, please try switching on to a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari).
Reset Internet option (Only for Windows users)
For users using Windows OS, sometimes a simple reset of your browser settings can fix Roblox error, especially error code 277.
- First, search for Internet Option from your Windows Search.
- Click to open it.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Then click on the Reset button.
- Try starting the game again
Browser’s Security Settings
In the previous method, we have tried to reset the Internet Option to see if that fixes the error, but if it didn't work then you don't need to worry as we have more solutions to fix Roblox error 277.
In this solution, we will check to see if it's the browser security settings that causing the issue.
- Once again, search for Internet Option from your Windows Search.
- Then go to the Security Tab.
- Click on the Trusted Sites.
- Then click on the Sites button.
- Enter the web address for Roblox (http://www.roblox.com).
- You can uncheck the Require box if it is checked.
- Click on the Add button.
- And then close the window by clicking on the Close button.
- Open your browser and try again. Try in Internet Explorer or Microsoft edge if chrome or Firefox didn't work.
For Safari Users, click Safari > Preferences > Security.
Removing or Disabling of Ad-Blocker Browser Add-Ons
There are numerous reports of website-related problems occurring due to third-party Add-Ons. Specially Ad-blockers can also stop a game from fully loading. So if you have Ad-blockers either disable them or use any other browser that doesn't have Ad-blockers.
After disabling Ad-blocker see if you can run the game if you still have a problem then go on disabling each of your third-party plugins or extensions. Try disabling one and then test and so forth. If it works then you should have found which plugin or extension is not compatible with Roblox. Disable it to play or use other browsers. Please let us know which extension you found out to be causing error 277.
Check whether the Appropriate Ports are Open or Not
Even though the ports that Roblox uses are dependent on the Operating System. Basically, the port range is UDP 49152 - 65535, so if all these ports are open then it should allow Roblox to connect to your router correctly.
Configure Your Firewall and Antivirus Security
One of the important lines of security is the Firewall. Go to firewall settings and add Roblox as a trusted site.
Also, most antivirus or internet security software monitors and control which programs can access the internet. So while keeping us safe they might have flagged Roblox and denied internet access. If so, make sure you add Roblox to your allow list or the whitelist.
It can sometimes be the fault of the Router, the Roblox client doesn't use a specific port for outgoing data. So there's a chance that Roblox tries to send packets through a port that is blocked by your router. In this case, call your ISP and let them know about the situation.
If you are thinking how can I know if your router is blocking the exchange of data, just simply load any webpages other than Roblox and see if loads up. If all other online activates work fine except Roblox then contact your ISP. Or sometimes it might be due to large traffic on the Roblox server or maintenance going through. To check the status of Roblox, click here.
We hope that you were able to fix the Roblox Error Code 277 by following any of the solutions mentioned above. Please leave us your feedback in the comment section below. Than you!