Error Code 80070003 is an uncommon error in Xbox that doesn’t let you download Xbox Live profiles. Not a lot of users face this issue.
Even if you’ve been using Xbox for years, there’s a high chance you’ve not met this error. But even if you have, don’t worry.
This Xbox Error isn’t a huge issue and can be solved without any professional’s help.
Error Code 80070003 prevents your Xbox from loading your Xbox profiles.
This usually happens when there’s no free space in your storage. The following message will show up when you try to download your Xbox Live profile:
"Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles can’t be downloaded right now. Try again later. Status Code: 80070003 "
What Causes Xbox Error Code 80070003?
Games and apps sizes get bigger with each update, taking more space for storage and eventually leading to no storage space.
That is basically what causes Error Code 80070003. However, that might not be the only cause. Corrupt cache files and issues with your Xbox profile can be the reason behind this error too.
How To Fix Xbox Error Code 80070003?
As you already know it’s a storage-related issue, it’s easy to figure out you have to make some amends related to your storage.
Files that take a lot of your storage but you don’t use should be deleted along with other methods mentioned below:
Move or Delete Items From Your Storage Device:
Apps and games you don’t use regularly are just nuisances. It is recommended that you always delete such files to make space for other updates/installs.
Follow these steps to uninstall apps or games you don’t need:
- Navigate to Home -> My Games & Apps.
- Sort your games/apps according to your need (size, last used).
- Highlight on the game/app you want to uninstall and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game and Uninstall.
Clear The System Cache
Since cache can get corrupt sometimes and lead to numerous errors like this, you should clear cache once in a while. Follow these steps:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Navigate to Settings -> System Settings -> Storage.
- Now highlight any storage device and press “Y” on your controller.
- Select Clear System Cache and choose Yes when you’re prompted to confirm.
Delete The Profile On Your Xbox Console
Another easy and common way to fix Error Code 80070003 is simply deleting the profile stored on your Xbox console.
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Select Storage and then All device.
- Now select Gamers Profile and choose the Gamertag you want to delete.
Select Delete and then Choose Delete Profile Only.
Re-Download The Profile
When you’re done deleting your Xbox Live profile, Download it again by following these steps:
- Press the Guide button your controller
- Select Download Profile (You won’t see Download Profile if you’re signed in to your profile. Press X to sign out)
- Enter your account’s credentials
- Select the storage device for your profile