Want to fix This App Has Been Blocked For the Protection of your device error in your computer?
Windows Updates bring improvements in the system like resolving windows bugs, the addition of new software features, and new security measures for protection from malicious contents.
When Windows 10 came out, one of the new major features it had was Windows Defender Smart-screen. It brought new security measures for the protection of the system.
But this feature had its drawbacks too. Windows Defender SmartScreen sometimes got in the way of installing/opening apps and users got locked out of those apps which led to the “This Application Has Been Blocked For Your Protection” error.
What Causes “This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection” Error in Windows 10?
You get a “This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection” error when trying to open or install an app in Windows 10. When Windows Defender can’t trust the app enough to let it run because of security issues, this error shows up.
This happens because the app you’re trying to open/install came from an unknown place or was created from an unknown publisher i.e, the cause of this error is the lack of credibility of the app.
How to Fix “This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection” Error in Windows 10?
Now, that you know that the “This App Has Been Blocked For The Protection of Your Device” Error happens because your computer detects the app as malicious content, there are workarounds to get over it.
But before you try any of the methods below, make sure that the app is not harmful because once you bypass this error and the app happens to be malicious, you can get into a real mess.
Disable Windows Defender SmartScreen
Although not recommended, disabling Windows Defender SmartScreen is a really effective method to fix this issue. Make sure the file you’re trying to open is safe.
- Search your computer for Windows Defender Settings and open the best option
- Now Click on App&Browser control
- Click Off in the Check apps and files section
- Now, Click Off in the Smartscreen for Microsoft Edge
- Click off in the Smartscreen for Windows Apps Store
Smartscreen will be completely disabled now. Keep in mind that your computer will be susceptible to viruses now.
Run an elevated Command Prompt
- Right-click on the file and choose properties
- From properties, copy its full path
- Search your computer for cmd
- Right-click on it and choose Run as administrator
- Paste the copied path and press Enter
Change Local Security Policy
- Press Windows + R key at once to Open the Run Dialogue box on your computer
- Type in gpedit.msc and press OK
- On the left pane, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Option
- On the right pane, look for and open User Account Control: Run all administrators in admin administrator mode“
- Now change the security settings to Disable and then Press OK
We hope that these simple steps have helped you to Fix the “This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection” Error in Windows 10.