Need to change NAT Type on PS4 but not sure about the procedure? Go through the article and know why and how you can change NAT on your PS$ in 2021.
But before you go ahead and learn how to change NAT Type on PS4.
Here are a few things you need to know about why you’re getting the problem still in 2021.
When you play an online game on PS4 along with your colleague or friends you might get disconnected sometimes. And that can be a very frustrating experience. And when that happens the first thing you need to check is your WI-Fi Connection. But if there is nothing wrong with your Wi-Fi connection then you must be facing NAT Type failure in your PS4. Hence you need to change your NAT Type in PlayStation 4 but it can be quite time-consuming if not done properly.
But you don’t have to worry about it as we will give you the complete step-by-step guide on how to change your NAT Type on PS4.
But before that, you have to be aware of different types of NAT so here we will discuss the top three types of NAT Types.
The first one is the Open NAT Type, the second one is the Moderate NAT Type, and the third one is the Strict NAT Type. You should always use the NAT which is moderate and it will make your network very smooth. And Open Type of NAT will create unwanted disconnection in your network which will obstruct your PS4 experience.
How To Search PS4 NAT Type?
So, to find the PS4 NAT type which works for you from a simple guide provided below.
- Initially, open your PS4 system and go to the setting section. Here you have to select Network and view your connection status.
- Then you will get the NAT type displayed at the bottom of your page. Your screen settings section looks like this but might vary depending on your OS.
- So if you follow the above steps then you will be able to search the PS4 NAT type.
Now, let us discuss how to change the NAT Type on your PS4 and for this follow our heading below.
How To Edit Nat Type On PS4 – Solved 2021
It can be a bit tricky to change your PS4 NAT type on your system. You will need to connect your router and change some settings in the Administrative Panel of PS4.
Remember the step to edit NAT on PS4 can depend on your router.
So here is the list for you to change your NAT Type on PS4 in 2019.
- Firstly access your router’s Admin Panel by typing the IP Address of your Router in the URL section of your browser.
- For most of the Routers, the default address is 192.168.1.1 but it depends on your router type. As you will find the instruction settings in the sticker of your Router.
- After you enter the IP Address of your router you have to enter its User Name and Password. This might be on your router instruction guide or manual.
- Now you have to look for the settings in the router URL navigation where you have to enable the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).
- You will find the UPnP in the “media” section. Or if you don’t find it then you have to look for UPnP settings on the screen. And you have to customize this section to edit the NAT type of PS4.
- When you switch the UPnP on it will be easier for you to change the NAT on PS4.
PS4 NAT Type Failed [Solved] – Quick & Easiy
Here is the additional option for you to fix and edit the PS4 NAT Type on PS4, so do follow these steps below.
- You have the option to access your network to Dematerialized Zone (DMZ) but only if you have enabled it.
- But if you want to follow our instructions then don’t use the DMZ. This is because the DMZ will create a security concern for your system.
- So we recommend you use the forward-specific port to the PS4 Console. But this will also depend on your router type.
- If you are using BT Home Hub 5 then do follow the above steps. Now you have to use your IP address on PS4
- After this, you have to be sure of the Port are you going to use. We recommend you to use the port with TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480 and UDP: 3478, 3479
- Now you have to forward your Port and reboot the console. For this, you have to find the NAT Type PS4 on the PC.
- You should use the Moderate NAT Type which is the NAT Type 2
- And if you follow the Change The NAT Type on PS4 mentioned above then you can change NAT Type yourself on PS4.
What are the Benefits and Disadvantages of NAT (Network Address Translation)?
So, here you will get to know about the advantages and disadvantages of NAT
Advantages of NAT on PS4
- The NAT will save your Public IP address.
- It is very transparent to clients
- NAT will consume fewer computer resources.
- As the main advantage of NAT is that it always hides your IP Address.
Disadvantages of NAT on PS4
- NAT will give you minimum logging services.
- You have to forward the IP before you use the NAT to get access to the internet.
- NAT will make some applications that are very difficult to get connected with the internet.
So, this is it, for now, we hope that you will easily be able to “change the NAT type on PS4” yourself.
And we hope to get your visit to our next article which will be based on the current trending error code and their fixing.