Here is how to Fix Error Code 5010F on Mac, but before that, you need to know about its OS. Apple computers and laptops run MacOS and the users really love it as it provides a smooth and fast user experience. But with time, different issues come up on macOS. The computer starts slowing down and system files get corrupted.
Users can reinstall the operating system to get over this problem though. To make this process simpler and easier, Apple created the Internet Recovery Feature which allows users to perform a full operating re-installation without downloading any installation files.
Just a stable internet connection is enough. However, when a connectivity issue arises, you are interrupted by an error. This error is called Error 5010F.
Error 5010F shows up when you press Command + Option + R to launch the Internet Recovery feature and the OS is being re-installed. This denies users access to Utilities Menu and people cannot reinstall the operating system.
You get an error box that reads “An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again” OR a big exclamation mark with the message ” apple.com/support -50105 (3) “.
Causes of Error Code 5010F on Mac
Error Code 5010F is triggered by numerous different reasons whether you’re using Macbook Pro, Snow leopard, etc. Below are the causes that might’ve had hand in triggering Error Code 5010F on Mac:
- Corrupt System File
- Deleted/Missing System File
- Power Cut
- Incorrectly modified BIOS settings
How To Fix Error Code 5010F on Mac?
Simply put, there are two ways to Fix an error Code on Mac. Both of them are pretty easy to execute. Follow the steps carefully and resolve this issue.
NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random Access Memory) is a small section of Mac memory that stores information such as Speaker volume, Screen resolution, Start-up disk selection, and any recent Kernel panic reports. Resetting NVRAM is known to solve this issue. Follow these steps to do that:
- Shut your Mac down and then start it up again
- When you hear a loading chime, Press Option + Command + P + R
- Keep on holding the combination until you hear the startup chime again
- Your NVRAM is now reset. You may have to reconfigure screen resolution, Time Zone, and such.
- Now reboot your computer and try the installation again
Install a fresh copy of macOS via MacOS utilities
If the above-mentioned method doesn’t work, You can try this one.
macOS utilities let you fully erase your internal hard drive and reinstall the Operating system.
- Power up your Mac and hold the Option + Command + R key until you see the Apple logo
- First, choose Disk Utility to wipe your Start-up and internal hard drive.
- Select your hard drive name and Click Erase.
- Now choose MacOS extended (Unless you’re using High Sierra) and then APFS.
- Type the name of the disk and click Erase.
- Now return to the Recovery Menu and select Reinstall macOS.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The device will restart to a set-up assistant when the installation is complete.
We hope that these simple steps have helped you to Fix Error Code 5010F on Mac.