Unknown error code during application installation: 24 pops up when you are trying to install the app in the Google Play Store. This is another bug that android users are recently facing.
Even though Google Play Store is not the only Android app market but it is the default and has almost all the android available in its collection. So it’s really frustrating when you try to install apps from the Google play store.
Google Play Store Error Code 24 is one of those errors that stop users from downloading apps that were previously removed from their phones.
While uninstalling the app data might not be fully removed and some files might still remain. And then when you try to re-install the app, there might be conflict in the data versions and it can lead to Error -24.
How to Fix Google Play Store Error Code -24?
If you are getting error 24 while downloading apps and wonder how to fix it, then you are in the right place for finding a fixing to Google Play Store Error Code 24.
The fix is straight forwards and should be able to fix it within minutes. So why waste more time, let’s get started with the 3 ways to fix Google Play Store Error Code 24.
Clearing Cache and data is one of the most useful trick to sort out most of the issues on Android Phone. And yes, it does help to fix Google Play Store Error Code 24 as well. So let’s see how you can clear out Cache and data from your smartphone.
- Go to Settings and then Select Application Manager or Apps.
- Next, make sure All apps is selected. This ensures that all the apps on your phone are displayed here.
- Scroll down until you find Google Play Store. Tap to open it.
- Then, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache. On some phone you might have to click on Storage to see the Clear Cache and Clear data options.
The above steps clears that cache and data for Google Play Store, now follow the same guide to clear out the cache and data for Google play Services.
Restart your phone and see if you have got rid of Error 24 on Google Play Store. If the error still persist then please try the next method.
Next method is to try to clear data from file explorer.
- Find File Explorer or My Files from your app screen.
- If you see Data in the list then click on it. On some phone you will need to click first on internal storage.
- Inside Data folder you will need to click on data option again.
- Next, find the folder of the app that is causing the problem.
- Then, tap and hold the folder and select Delete.
- Restart your phone
Again, try installing the app from Go to Google Play Store and see if you still have the Error Code 24. If not, then please try the next method.
If none of the above method resolved Google Play Store Error Code 24 then try this third method which is try to factory reset your phone.
Before performing factory reset, first please take a complete backup of your data and documents.
- Open the Settings.
- Scroll down the list and tap on Backup & reset option. On some phones this will be under About Phone, you will find the Reset on the bottom.
- Click on Factory Reset. Remember to take a backup of your phone before doing Factory reset.
Now, try downloading the app from Google Play Store and see if the error is still there or not. We hope not 🙂
That’s it, we have presented with the working 3 methods by which you can fix Google Play Store Error Code 24. If you are still having the same problem and non of the methods mentioned worked please let us know and we will try to help you out asap. Than you