Do you know that there are more than 1500 dating apps? Astonishing right, there are a plethora of dating apps in the market allowing people to communicate with strangers and even start a meaningful relationship. Dating apps are growing in numbers and the users’ ages range from 18 to 64. No wonder why there are so many apps for online dating.
Among thousands of dating applications, Tinder stands out and is one of the most popular dating apps to date. Launched in 2012 Tinder has managed to garner more than 100 million users with a record 50 million active users. So if you are among them, that’s great and we wish you find some great friends using Tinder. In this article, we will try to help you to solve one of the common issues that the user face, the issue is Tinder Error 86401.
Tinder Error 86401 is one of the most common issues, when you encounter this error type it doesn’t let the user to login into Tinder. It can just happen to anyone without any warning or knowledge. While using Tinder you might come across any one of the messages mentioned below:
Something went wrong. A problem occurred while logging in. Please try again later or contact customer service. (A:86401)
Oops! Something went wrong. There was a problem logging into Tinder. Please try again. (86401)
If you encountered such messages and are stuck, don’t worry. We will help to fix this issue so you can continue to use your app smoothly as before.
How to Fix Tinder Error 86401?
Honestly, there is no good explanation of why the user gets this type of issue. Nevertheless, we will look into fixing this issue, and below are some of the simple methods which you can apply to get rid of the error.
Clear Tinder Cache and Data
First, let us clearing Tinder application cache memory. Cache memory usually refers to memory storage which stores copies of information that are like to be required when you start the application next time, it saves time trying to retrieve the necessary data again and again.
Cache memory can sometimes also be responsible for your application to misbehave so it’s best practice to clear your cache memory when you have problems with your application. Also, be aware that clearing up cache memory will get rid of any settings or data saved on that app so take note or backup the settings and credentials before performing this action.
Follow the steps mentioned below to clear Tinder Cache memory.
1. Go to Settings on your phone or any handheld device.
2. Tap on the Application Manager or Apps section on the list.
3. Select the Manage Application.
4. From the list find Tinder and tap on it.
5. You should see the Clear Cache and Clear Data button, tap on it.
6. After you have completed the above steps, restart your device.
7. Now, you can try to log in to Tinder.
If clearing up cache memory doesn’t help, you might just want to reinstall Tinder. The installation was likely corrupted so it’s better to uninstall the current version and install it again.
Uninstall Tinder App
For iOS Devices
There are multiple ways to uninstall an app on iOS, but we will be only be showing you an easy and quick way to get rid of apps.
1. Tap and hold the Tinder app until it starts to jiggle.
2. Click on the small ‘x’ button that appears on that app.
3. After you have done it, Tinder will be uninstalled.
For Android Devices
The latest version of Android has the same steps to like iOS to uninstall the app. Try to hold an app on an android device and a menu should appear, select uninstall option to remove the app. If you are using an older version of Android, this feature might not be available. If that’s the case then follow the steps below to uninstall the app.
1. Open setting app or select settings from the top menu.
2. Once you have opened settings, select Application Manager or Apps.
3. Scroll down the list and find Tinder.
4. Select Tinder and click on the Uninstall button.
Change the Permission set on Facebook
If you are having trouble using Tinder, one of the reasons can be your account being linked with Facebook. You can toggle the permission and see if the issue persists.
1. First, remove the Tinder account from your phone.
2. Next, open your Facebook account that is linked with Tinder.
3. Select Settings & Privacy.
4. Select Settings.
5. Click Apps and Websites in the left menu.
6. Click the box next to the Tinder apps, and then click Remove.
7. Install the Tinder app on your phone and reconnect to Tinder.
We hope that you have managed to solve Tinder Error 86401 with the information we have shared with you. For any reason, if it does not solve your issue, it’s best to contact the Tinder support team. Please comment us the issues that you are encountering and we will try to solve them. Thank you.