If you are thinking why won’t my PS4 connect to WiFi or let’s just say that your PS4 cannot connect to the internet, then you are on the right website.
In this article, we are going to work on the solution to fix your PlayStation connection problem to the internet.
So, the article you’re going to read below will help you fix the “PS4 won’t connect to WiFi Fix” issue. Before you go ahead and learn how to fix the problem, let us give you small info about PS4 Errors.
When you experience an issue in your application devices such as your PlayStation, an error code is generated in the application screen.
An error code is a number sometimes shown in your devices when there is an error occurred in the applications, computer, or other system applications devices. It is a specific number code that identifies what is the error in the system.
Because of error codes, you can find what is wrong with your system application and you can get the error message as the application is facing a particular issue. Thus, this error code is helpful to detect and solve the main cause of an error.
What is the PS4 WiFi Connection Issue?
There could be several possible reasons why PS4 is not connecting to an internet cable (LAN) or WiFi (wireless network).
You should first check if the WiFi network is working properly on other devices and then troubleshoot PS4’s connection. Below are some of the steps to troubleshoot why the PlayStation won’t connect to WiFi.
Step 1: Make sure that the PlayStation network is online
The first step is to ensure that the device is online. If the device is online but cannot access the PSN, you can go to the PSN Network Status Page and check if all the status is green.
If not then, you need to wait for the issue to get fixed.
Step 2: Check if other devices can connect to the internet
You can check your mobile phone, computer, or other devices that use the internet to determine whether or not they are connected to the internet network and are working properly.
If the other devices also cannot connect then, you need to try restarting your internet router/modem, wait for some moments to let the devices connect to the network.
If that too doesn’t work, then contact your internet service provider to resolve the network issue.
Step 3: Check the connection between PS4 and the router
If you are connecting with an ethernet cable, then you can try plugging the ethernet cable into a different port. Or if you are using WiFi, make sure that you are using the right password to connect.
If the password is correct, try moving the console near to the WiFi modem/router.
Step 4: Reset WiFi password into your PS4
Check if the password you entered in PS4 is correct. If the password is incorrect, re-enter the right password.
Go to Settings-> Network-> Set Up Internet Connection-> Use WiFi-> Easy.
Choose your WiFi network from the connection lists and enter the password. Wait for some moments to connect.
Step 5: Check DNS settings of you PS4
If the previous 4 steps did not solve your problem, then it is probably this step that will eventually solve the network connection issue in your PS4.
Changing the PS4 DNS server setting can fix the connection. TO change the DNS follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings-> Network-> Set Up Internet Connection from your PS4 controller.
- Select Use WiFi or Use a Lan Cable.
- Select Automatic-> Do Not Specify-> Manual.
- Go to Primary DNS and set the value to be “126.96.36.199“
- Next, find Secondary DNS and set the value to be “188.8.131.52“
- Select Next-> Automatic-> Do Not Use.
If all of the above 5 steps did not fix the issue, then you should contact Sony’s PS4 Support.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I reset network settings on ps4?
- Firstly, you have to restore your system software in the default settings.
- To do that you have to select Settings>Initialization>Restore Default Settings.
- After this, you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
PS4 won’t connect to Wifi within the time period
- To solve this issue, make sure you are not using the Proxy server in the PS4 WiFi Settings.
- After you tried that if this doesn’t fix then follow our steps above.
PS4 won’t Connect to Wifi extender
- So, in this case, try using the WiFi extender as an alternative option.
PS4 won’t connect to Optimum WiFi
- In such cases, make sure that you are connected to the WiFi Network and your Router must be fixed to a proper IP setting.
PS4 cannot connect to Wifi after Total Updates
- The reason behind this could be that your updated files are corrupted or broken.
- So you can either try updating to the Previous System Updates or wait for the server to get updated.
We hope this article will help you fix the internet connection issue with PS4.
Leave your comment below if you think this article was helpful or if you have any questions or recommendations for us.