Windows 10 is one of the leading Operating Systems in today’s world. But even this top OS comes with lots of bugs and glitches. This particular error is related to the Windows activation process.
You may be worried when you get this error, but don’t be, as Error 0xc004c003 In Windows 10 is a common issue faced by lots of users while upgrading to Windows 10 or while performing a clean install. And this can be resolved easily.
The reasons for Error 0xc004c003 In Windows 10 are mentioned below:
- Windows product key is not valid.
- The activation servers are busy.
- Windows upgrade was not done correctly.
- Hardware ID issues.
How to Fix Activation Error 0xc004c003 in Windows 10?
Now you know why you are having the error so let’s look at how we can solve it. There are 4 methods by which you can resolve the error. Please follow the simple instructions mentioned below.
Activate Windows 10
There are two ways to activate Windows 10.
- Press the Win + I keys at the same, doing so will open the Windows Settings Page.
- From the settings page choose Update & Security
- From the menu on the left side of the page, click on the Activation tab and then click the Activate button.
- That’s it, restart your PC and see if this has fixed your issue.
- Open Windows Command Prompt as an admin. Search for the command prompt from the Search bar, then right-click on the result and click on Run as Administrator.
- Click on Yes when asked for permission.
- On the command prompt window, run this query “slmgr.vbs –rearm” without the quote and press Enter.
- Restart your PC and see if this has fixed your issues.
If the above guide did not fix your issues, you can then proceed to the next method which is mentioned below.
Changing Product Key
Step 1. Right-click on Windows Start.
Step 2. From the list, click Windows PowerShell (admin).
Step 3. On the PowerShell, Type or copy paste this query without the quotes ” wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey “ and then press Enter.
Step 4. Copy the displayed Product Key. A quick way is to select the key and press ctrl + c. You will need this key later.
Step 5. Now, press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
Step 6. From Windows Settings, click Update & Security
Step 7. On the left side, look for Activation and click on it.
Step 8. Then, click on the ‘Change product key’ option and then enter or paste your Product Key which you got from step 4.
SFC acronym for System File Checker is a built-in function that scans for corrupt System Files and fixes them. Below are the steps to run an SFC scan:
Step 1. From the Windows Search bar, search for Command Prompt.
Step 2. Right-click on it and then click on Run as Administrator. Click on Yes when asked for permission.
Step 3. On the command prompt, type in sfc /scannow
Step 4. This process will take some time, be patient, and wait for the scan to complete.
Step 5. Restart your computer and check if you still have the error.
We hope by now you have been able to fix this annoying Error 0xc004c003, if not you can try the method mentioned below:
Windows Update Troubleshooter
Step 1. Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
Step 2. From the Windows Settings, click on the Update & Security option.
Step 3. From the left pane, search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
Step 4. Scroll down until you find Windows Update, click on it and then click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
Step 5. You will then need to follow the onscreen instructions to complete this method.
Step 6. Restart your PC and see if the error persists.
We have gone through 4 different methods to resolve the Activation Error 0xc004c003 In Windows 10, and hope you have got rid of the error.
If not, then don’t lose hope. Let’s try the last method or let’s call it the last resort to fix the error.
Installing Windows 7/8/8.1 and then upgrade to Windows 10